Ice cream is fun and delicious. It’s fun to make, and it’s fun to eat. Cooking with kids is a great way to spend time with them and keep them in your line of sight. When cooking, you should keep them engaged by handing them mini cooking equipment like toys that they can pretend to cook in. In this article, we’ll be discussing how to make ice cream and some fun ice cream maker toys for your little chef.
The preparation time for our recipe is 30 minutes and the cooking time is 5 minutes. The refrigeration however lasts between two to three hours. You can make ice cream in the afternoon in preparation for dinner or make it the night before as a snack to be had during the day. This is a recipe for vanilla ice cream. These are ingredients needed.
- 3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 1-2/3 cups of milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup and 1 tablespoon of white sugar
The first step is to stir the cream, milk and sugar in a bowl under low heat until it becomes a clear paste. Make sure the sugar has dissolved and you can see a visible ring of foam around your bowl.
The second step is to pour your creamy substance into a bowl, jug or cup. Pour in the vanilla extract and stir it in thoroughly. When this is done refrigerate it for about two hours or overnight if possible.
The third step is to pour your now cold ice cream mix into an ice cream maker and follow the instructions written in the manual.
The final step is to eat it or refrigerate for another two hours if you’re patient enough. While doing this, here are some ice cream maker toys your kid can play with it.
- AMAV Toys Ice Cream Maker Toy Machine – This ice cream maker toy comes with an ice cream maker and some ice cream cups. With this toy your little one can mimic the third step and make some delicious ice cream with you. This is a fun toy that encourages cooking and teaches kid motor skills.
- Toysery Ice Cream Maker for Kids – This ice cream maker toy is a full ice cream serving set. It comes with cups, spoons, a mini ice cream machine, a tray and even molds that represent different colors. This is a great toy that can also be used to eat the ice cream you make (after thorough cleaning of course) With this toy, your kid will really feel as though they were part of the ice cream making process.
- Little Kids Magic Kitchen – With this kitchen your kid can make ice cream and a host of other delicious meals. The magic kitchen actually works and can freeze whatever liquid is poured on the tray. This is a fun and exciting ice cream maker toy for kids who have shown interest in cooking.