Kids are sponges. They soak up all the information around them, and they do it really fast. Babies start seeing color a few weeks after they’re born, and a few months after they can distinguish between a few.
When you’re selecting a toy for kids, you need to make sure the toy is safe and rewarding. You want them to enjoy the feeling of the toy and the feeling of achieving the goal of the toy. This is why we’ve compiled a list of toys that feel good and look good for kids to enjoy. If you want to introduce your little one to more colors and shapes, here are the best toys for 2-year-olds learning about shapes and colors.
- Melissa & Doug Stack & Sort Board – At only $9.99, this toy is great for teaching kids how to differentiate between colors. The board comes with four colors and the child can play with the blocks by stacking them on the peg. The idea is to encourage the child to place the appropriate blocks on the same colored peg. It’s fun and educational.
- Learning Resources Farmer’s Market Color Sorting Set – For some farm fun, try out this color sorting set. In this set there are five buckets. Each bucket has a number of fruits of the same color. The point of the game is to encourage your child to place all the same colored fruit in one basket. This is also a great toy to teach your child about fruits as the set comes with different types of fruit. It costs $26.89.
- Tender Leaf Toys Color Me Happy Snake – At $25.00, the Tender Leaf Color Me Happy Snake is quite sss-pectacular. This friendly toy snake is here to teach your child about colors. It’s a great puzzle game and it is one of the best toys for 2 year olds learning about color.
- Melissa & Doug Magnetic Wooden Shapes and Colors – This toy is a great combo. It is one of the best toys for 2 year olds learning about shapes and colors. This toy teaches kids how to draw similarities between shapes and colors. The wooden box has different shaped holes in it and your kid is encouraged to stick the blocks (each a different shape) into the right hole. It’s fun and rewarding.
- Play Dough – Play dough is a very versatile toy. Play dough is great for color and shape lessons because they’re fun to play with and most importantly they’re easy to play with. You can make play dough into different shapes and when you’re done, you can change the dough into other shapes. It’s the toy that keeps on giving.
- Melissa & Doug Shapes Wooden Chunky Puzzle – For less than 10 dollars, this toy provides shapes, labelling and a wooden puzzle for the shapes to fit into. It’s simple, it’s fun and it’s rewarding. The toy shows popular shapes which makes it a great way to introduce your kid to toys.